Saturday, February 20, 2016

Because prayer is always the answer!

Hey y'all (Now, I'm not Southern but sometimes I like to pretend that I am)! This has been a hectic week, so I apologize that I am late with this week's blog post. I've still been pretty sick (but slowly getting better) and busy with schoolwork and I am also super indecisive so I was having trouble figuring out what I wanted to make a post of!

This week I want to do a post that is a prayer. It always hits me so hard that this world is filled with so much hatred. Every time the news comes on the TV, my mom and I end up looking at each other in disbelief. I know everyone is dealing with their own stresses and daily hardships and it's on my heart this week to do some prayer for myself, my loved ones, and the whole community around me.

          Dear Heavenly Father,

    Lord I thank you for another day today. We are never guaranteed tomorrow, so I just want to start off by thanking you that I woke up this morning, that my family woke up this morning, and that whoever else is reading this woke up this morning.

  Everyday you give us the opportunity to learn and grow and to be a better person than we were yesterday. I thank you for that and I pray that we can use today and every day to step out of our comfort zone's and to make a difference in our lives and other people's lives.

 The reason we tend to hold back is because of fear. We'll seek new opportunities to pursue our goals, but then all of these "What if's?" come into our minds and we tend to overthink. When we overthink, nothing gets done. God, help us not to think too much, but to just DO. Help us to know that we are human and that it is perfectly okay to make mistakes. We can always get back up when we fall down because of your grace.

God, you know that we are all dealing with different obstacles but you are still faithful through the hardships we deal with. You are faithful no matter what goes on in our lives. God, help us to look up and to you, instead of listening to the negative thoughts that come from the devil.

 When we listen to the devil telling us all of these lies, we tend to lash out and take it out on others. Please help us to not handle our pain that way. It is not our place to judge or hurt others because we are hurting. You give us many ways to deal with our pain, and hurting people is definitely not one of them.

 I thank you for hardships, because I know I have grown so much. Just looking over this past year, I had no idea I would where I am right now, typing out this prayer and thankful that I have gone through the battles that I have faced. 

 Help us to smile, be brave, to persevere and to know that we can do all things through you.
(Phil 4:13!)

 Amen.


2 comments:

  1. You are amazing Anna. Thank you for this today. More than you know.
    And thank you for being you. <3 I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this Anna! Such a beautiful, calming prayer and very much needed. <3

    ReplyDelete